Purpose: During the pandemic of COVID-19, we have again felt the importance of information and have also realized that medical and scientific technology alone cannot control the pandemic caused by disease. Hence, it is intended to discuss the role of intelligence agency under such uncertainties. Method: In order to study such social phenomena, the pandemic of COVID-19 situation has been analyzed over the past two years as well as the methods to collect the necessary information through many existing literature and data. The analysis attempted to interpret the meaning of the phenomenon through the intuitive insight of the researcher. Results: The result is that people s lives, as with COVID-19, may become insecure and unpredictable overnight. Furthermore, despite medical and scientific technology and development, the COVID-19 virus has expanded to delta mutations and omicron mutations, and hence, it is still unknown as to when this uncertain situation will end, which will have a direct impact on the national security. Conclusion: It is of the view that the medical and scientific technology alone cannot control situations such as the pandemic of COVID-19, and the ‘power of intelligence’ to prepare for and against such scenarios in the future should be supported, and this duty will become a new task for the intelligence agency.
1. Pandemic of Covid-19 and Uncertainties
2. Advancement in the Science and Medical Technology Industry and the Pandemic of Covid-19
3. Limitations of Science and Medical Technology
4. Humanity and the Emergence of Intelligence Agency
5. Development of Intelligence Agency
6. Current Status and Role of Intelligence Agency
7. Future of Intelligence Agency: Development into Private Industry